Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE WONDER OF THE NETI POT

I recently found a great relief for my stubborn and chronic sinus problems. I have been using nasal sprays and every now and then end up on antibiotics when the sinus gets infected.

One day, while chatting with my friend Sharon who is residing in US, she mentioned this neti pot that had helped relief her chronic sinus problems. She told me that she now does not need to go for surgery anymore and that this wonder pot helped her. This set me off on an extensive research on the net and around the pharmacies for this "pot" None of our pharmacies here had the pot. Some had customerse asking about it also. Then another friend mentioned that she saw it on Oprah Winfrey where they interviewed Dr. Oz. And I managed to see it on the net.

How does it work?

The neti pot looks like a little aladdin's lamp. You have to place in it a saline solution made of warm filtered water and some non-iodised salt. Place the spout of the pot in one nostril and tilt your head. Amazingly you will find the saline solution flowing out of your other nostril. Yes I know it sounds gross but it works!!

How did I get the pot?

I asked Sharon to get the pot and the salt for me from US. I tried it two weeks ago and found that I could breathe so much easier. Now, Kenny and I dutifully "clean out" our noses daily.

So for those of you sinus sufferers, this is a good solution. Much better than spraying all that sterroid into your noses and introducing toxin to our fragile bodies.

I showed the neti pot to my regular pharmacist in Damansara Utama PJ. Hope she will bring it to Malaysia and all of you can soon find it on the shelves of our local pharmacist.

A million thanks to Sharon for sharing n shipping!

7 comments:

joshua said...

WOW!

MR & MRS CLEAN NOSE YOU SHALL BE FROM TODAY!

CHRIS ONG said...

hi tx for the feedbac, sorry am feeling naughty now..... lets sing:
this is the air I breathe
this is the air I breathe
your salty presence
flowing through me
and I... am desperate 4u...
and I..am stuck without you...

richrach said...

Chris.... u ar!!! very the funny! LOL!
Becca n Kenny, glad to hear that u guys are feeling better! :)

Mary-Janice said...

LOL
oh chris~

Mary-Janice said...

anyway..can snap some picture to show us...

d'Lion said...

"this is the air I breathe
this is the air I breathe
your salty presence
flowing through me
and I... am desperate 4u...
and I..am stuck without you..."

Rolling on the floor, holding my stomach in the office

sharonsb said...

lol! that's a good one Chris.
Becca & Kenny - keep up with the irrigation. It'll help and you'll feel squeeky clean!!!